Automatic SMD Placement
Solder paste printing with semi-automatic stencil printer
The solder paste is printed onto the pads of the PCBs using stencil printing. The paste volume to be printed is adjusted by the thickness of the stencil. During the printing process, the stencil is placed exactly on the PCB and aligned. The alignment is done by means of 2 USB microscopes.
A squeegee with automatic feed pulls the paste over the stencil. When the process is finished, the stencil is lifted pneumatically from the PCB. The paste depots detach themselves from the stencil and remain on the pads of the PCB.
Special fine-grained, lead-free "no clean" solder variants are used as paste.
SMD Placement with 2-head Pick-and-Place machine
The SMD Pick-and-Place machine is suitable for fast and highly accurate placement of small and medium lot sizes. Thanks to the use of ball screws in combination with servo motors, high speed, repeatability and stability are guaranteed.
In addition, the "Vision on the Fly" centering system uses a Cognex® Vision system, which ensures high-accuracy visual inspection and easy learning of various component shapes.
- High accuracy and flexibility for 01005, 0201, SOIC, PLCC, BGA, μBGA, CSP, QFP, up to 0.3mm pitch
- Non-contact encoder system for high repeat accuracy and stability
- Intelligent Feeder System provides automatic part counting for production traceability
- Perfect for small and medium lot sizes
- COGNEX® Centering System "Vision on the Fly"
- Bottom Vision Centering System for Finepitch QFP & BGA
- Automatic reference point recognition
- Visual inspection before and after production
- Universal CAD conversion placement rate: 6.400 BT/h
Vapor Phase Soldering
One method of reflow soldering is the vapor phase, which is also known as vapor-phase reflow. In vapor-phase soldering, the necessary heat is transferred by vapor. The hot vapour condenses on the surface of the soldering material and until the solder paste melts. The vapour is very homogeneous and the soldered PCB is positioned in height with a temperature sensor. This ensures that a desired temperature profile is maintained as far as possible.